Citrinin, a toxin from a naturally occurring mould, contaminates rice, wheat, flour, barley, maize, rye, oats, peanuts, and fruit. It has been known to cause kidney damage and mild liver damage in livestock and is suspected to cause kidney and liver damage in humans. Because of concerns over citrinin contamination, the EU has a recommended limit of 100 ppb.
Using monoclonal antibody-based affinity chromatography, CitriTest™ HPLC from VICAM is an HPLC-only test for the detection of citrinin using immunoaffinity columns. Performed in less than 10 minutes, CitriTest HPLC can measure levels of citrinin as low as 10 PPB and as high as 500 PPB.
An ideal cleanup step for any HPLC, CitriTest HPLC has a long shelf life and provides precise, accurate numerical results in parts per billion levels. The preferred test of laboratories around the world, no other test comes close for speed, quantification, and specificity.
- Exclusive - Specifically for HPLC use
- Convenient - Uses same methods as other VICAM tests
- Durable - Long shelf life
- Quick - 15 minutes to isolate toxin (excluding preparation and extraction)
- Wide Range - Detects levels as low as 10 ppb and as high as 500 ppb