Deoxynivalenol (DON) is also known as vomitoxin because of its impact on livestock through interference with animal growth and acceptance of feed. DON has been implicated in mouldy corn toxicosis of swine. The EU has regulations for DON levels that range from less than 0.2 ppm in processed cereal-based foods for infants and young children to less than 1.75 ppm for unprocessed wheat.
Using monoclonal antibody-based affinity chromatography, DONtest™ HPLC is an HPLC-only test for the detection of DON using immunoaffinity columns. Performed in less than 10 minutes, DONtest HPLC can measure levels of DON as low as 0.10 ppm and as high as 5 ppm.
An ideal cleanup step for any HPLC, DONtest HPLC has a long shelf life and provides precise numerical results in parts per million levels. The preferred test of laboratories around the world, no other test comes close for speed, quantification, and specificity.
- Exclusive – Specifically for HPLC use
- Convenient – Uses same methods as other VICAM tests
- Durable – Long shelf life
- Versatile – Can be used with a variety of samples
- Wide Range – Detects levels as low as 0.10 ppm and as high as 5 ppm
- Safe – Requires less toxic materials than other methods