Ochratoxin A (OTA) is produced by the fungus Aspergillus ochraceous and also by several species of Penicillium fungi. Commonly found in wine, baby food, raw and processed cereals, coffee and dried vine fruits, OTA is known to cause kidney damage in animals. OTA as a carcinogen also finds its way into human and animal diets not only from EU-regulated commodities, but also from barley, oats, and sorghum. OTA is regulated worldwide at levels as low as 0.5 ppb.
OchraTest from VICAM is safe and simple. It can be performed in less than 10 minutes and requires no special skills. Results may be recorded using a fluorometer or obtained using HPLC. The wide bore option is HPLC-only.
OchraTest can be used with a fluorometer for rapid results but is also ideal as the cleanup step for any HPLC analysis. Unaffected by heat or humidity, OchraTest has a long shelf life.
- Convenient - For use with fluorometer or HPLC
- Durable - Long shelf life; requires no refrigeration
- Versatile - Can be used with a variety of samples
- Quick - Less than 10 minutes to isolate toxin (excludes preparation and extraction)
- Wide Range - Detects levels as low as 0.25 ppb and as high as 100 ppb
- Easy - No special skills required, test can be performed virtually anywhere
- Safe - Requires less toxic materials than other methods