Various Fusarium fungi that naturally occur in wheat and other cereal grains produce T-2/HT-2 toxins. Ten times more toxic than the potentially lethal contaminant deoxynivalenol (DON), T-2/HT-2 toxins attack the immune system in livestock, causing serious health problems ranging from skin lesions and weight loss to shock and haemorrhagic fever.
Researchers have also linked T-2/HT-2 to the devastating human disease alimentary toxic aleukia (ATA). The mounting evidence on the deadly effects of T-2/HT-2 exposure has raised concerns among food safety regulators worldwide and underscores the importance of test methods that can detect trace amounts of these toxins before they reach human and animal consumers.
VICAM’s T-2/HT-2 Test™ HPLC columns combine proven immunoassay technology with high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), the preferred analytic method of laboratories around the world, to detect and measure T-2/HT-2 toxins.
This sensitive, reliable HPLC-only test has a long shelf life and can be used with a variety of samples.
- Powerful – Designed exclusively for HPLC use
- Convenient – Uses same methods as other VICAM tests
- Durable – Long shelf life; requires no refrigeration
- Versatile – Can be used with a variety of samples
- Wide Range – Reliable readings of contamination levels ranging 1,000 ng to 100 ng.
- Safe – Requires less toxic materials than other methods
VICAM also provides a T-2 Test™ HPLC, an HPLC-only test using monoclonal antibody-based affinity chromatographyfor the detection of T-2 using immunoaffinity columns.