Aflatoxin B1 ELISA
The Helica Aflatoxin B1 Rapid Format is a competitive ELISA intended for the quantitative detection of Aflatoxin B1 in grains, nuts, cottonseeds, cereals and other commodities including animal feed.
- The polystyrene microwells provided are coated with aflatoxin-specific antibody.
- Toxins are extracted from a ground sample with 70% methanol.
- The extracted sample and HRP-conjugated aflatoxin B1 are mixed and added to the antibody-coated microwell.
- Aflatoxin from the extracted sample and HRP-conjugated aflatoxin B1 compete to bind with the antibody coated to the microwell.
- Microwell contents are decanted and non-specific reactants are removed by washing.
- An enzyme substrate (TMB) is added and a blue colour develops.
- The intensity of the colour is directly proportional to the amount of bound conjugate and inversely proportional to the concentration of aflatoxin in the sample or standard.