Some of the information tweeted @BioCheckUK in January 2020:
- Current research gaps and unmet clinical needs in food allergy.
- Accredited labs have until November 2020 to transition to the new ISO/IEC 17025
- Jackfruit, tempeh and seitan to lead plant-based boom – 1 of 4 trends for 2020
- Did you know 1/4 of the world’s pigs died last year because of disease?
- BRCGS announces plant-based global standard
- EFSA opens comment period on Ochratoxin A health risks
- EU germ threats ranked, with STEC now third
- Natural grown vs tech made meat
- Food ‘made from air’ could compete with soya
- Anaphylaxis – A Distinct Immunological Syndrome, but How Much Do We Really Understand?
- Study: Of 433 beef samples bought in Mexico, 10% tested positive for horsemeat
- EFSA concern over THC levels in hemp products
- Human error factor in allergy death
- 8 consumer trends to watch in the new decade
- Could 2020 be year of the baobab?
- Testing times: meat speciation and the media focus
- Food safety and the importance of horizon scanning
- New project to boost plant-based knowledge
- FSA Board: ‘Protecting the consumer interest comes first’
- FSA Technical Guidance on food allergen labelling and information requirements
- One in five food samples contain a hidden food allergen
- Spain: new Horsemeat scam shows weak links in food chain
- FSA urged to keep CBD products on-shelf: ‘Enforcement could hit millions of consumers’
- ‘Don’t assume gluten-free products are healthy by default’
- How Plant-Based Foods Are Changing the Supply Chain
Follow us on Twitter to receive timely information about food adulteration and food contaminant issues that could be important to your business.